“Two Trips of a Lifetime” in One
The Dare Divas™ have partnered with Zara Tours to create “two trips of a lifetime” in one. This adventure will take us to Tanzania, Africa to hike the scenic southern Lemosho Route – an 8-day/7-night trek to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro – followed by a 3-day safari where we will observe amazing wildlife and traverse classic Tanzanian landscapes.
Mount Kilimanjaro – also known as “The Roof of Africa” – is one of the Seven Summits of the World and the highest peak in Africa standing at 19,340 feet. Its enormous, snow-topped mountains have long allured climbers and explorers from around the globe. Our 8-day trek will follow the beautiful Lemosho Course trail that crosses over six environmental zones, from rich rainforests to arid snow capped desert. This trek includes ample time for acclimatization before summiting at Uhuru Peak. An experienced team of guides, porters, and cooks will lead us to the mountain’s summit, providing instruction, local insight and wisdom along the way.
One day after conquering Kibo, we’ll head out in 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs to Lake Manyara where we expect to observe monkeys and elephants resting in the shade of baobab trees. Other animals indigenous to the area are zebras, impalas, giraffes, buffalo, and hippos. The next day will include visiting the largest intact, imploded crater in the world – the Ngorongoro Crater – commonly known as the “footprint of God”. Our 3-day safari adventure concludes with a visit to Tarangire National Park, the sixth largest park in Tanzania. Wildebeest and zebras complete an annual long-distance migration through Tarangire heading toward the Serengeti as lions, leopards, and cheetah lie in wait seeking a meal. We’ll be lodging at the Highview Hotel nightly during the safari.
• Summit Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa at 19,340 feet
• Navigate the most scenic trail on the mountain, the Lemosho Route
• Transverse 6 ecological zones from plush rainforest to the harsh, beautiful arctic zone
• Follow expert African guides, full of knowledge of the mountain
• 3-day safari, viewing some of the best wildlife in the region
• Visit three national parks, each with its own blend of landscape and animals
• Hike in the remote Northern Ngorongoro
• Non-technical climbing
• Wildlife Safari
• Camping in tents during the trek and staying in a hotel on the nights before and after the trek, and during the safari
Trek + Safari Price: US $3,180.00
• Lodging and meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation while on trek and safari
• All park and entrance fees
• Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
• Professional English speaking driver/guide during the safari
• Bottled water in safari vehicles
• 24-Hour support during the safari from Zara Tour’s office in Moshi
• Internal or International flights
• Entry visa to Tanzania.
• Travel and health insurance
• Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
• Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
• Transportation to Lemosho starting point: $120/entire group
• Other specialized gear:
– Oxygen cylinder: $ 12/ Day /group of 4 passengers
– Hyperbaric Pressure Bag (Gamow Bag): $130/entire group
– Private (portable/tented) toilet: $ 120/group of 4 passengers
For additional info, please click on the following links